Two activities to choose from (read below or download the file OR BOTH.)
Good day to all Retrouvaille Family:
Last Saturday we had the blessed opportunity to participate and witnessed Dr. Scott Hahn conference and it was nothing short from spectacular!
God Bless his wisdom, knowledge, his ability to put into words so much spiritual wisdom and his connection with the Holy Spirit is just powerful.
Among the many things we learned, there were some that hit home in a drastic way and it would be selfish of us not to share with you, we will share 10 points from part one of three, I hope it serves you well in this journey of two:
When we got married we made a covenant with one another, not a contract. In a contract we give something in exchange for something else of tangible value and it can be broken.
1) In a Covenant we give our self to our spouse as a sacrifice of love for them.When we got married I told Jackie: “ from this day on I am yours, I belong to you and in return she said to me : I am yours and belong to you until the end of our life. Just as Jesus did in the fulfillment of the new Covenant during the last supper when he established the sacrament of the Eucharist “This is my body that will be given up for you for the forgiveness of sins” we become one with him when we receive the Eucharist, we are in communion with Christ. For that reason Matrimony and the Eucharist are called Sacraments.
2) A Sacrament is not a ritual we do for God, it is a mystery by which God gives us Grace. We are saying to one another: I will belong to you until the day I die, “so help me God” asking for his grace and sure enough he gives us all the grace we need to fulfill our covenant to one another as long as we trust God’s grace is within us and keep him at the center of our relationship and of our home always.
3) Therefore Fall in love, grow in love and stay in love.
4) Marriage goes through seasons, it goes in circles and cycles; therefore to renew the well springs, go back to the beginning, go back where you started, where you met, the place where you first kissed, the place you used to hang out or dine, remember and remind your selves you have a history together and re live it. “Love is not a feeling it is a decision”
5) We need to forgive all and withhold nothing. Jesus die to forgive me of all my inequities, weaknesses, sins and failures, he died for the same people that were accusing him and killing him, for the salvation of their souls, who am I to say I cannot forgive; with the grace of God we can do all things with his grace we can forgive and be forgiven.
6) We need to live with Joy, Jesus gives us joy even in the midst of sorrow, we need the grace of ongoing conversion to be filled with joy.
7) Conversion is to remind us every day who we are for Christ and be ready to pick up our cross every day with joy in our hearts, because we are curtained of his love and we trust his grace remains in us.
8) We are in a family bond where God is the father and we are his children, even our children are not our but his. We have a responsibility to bring his children to light and share with them the Gospel, by sharing God’s words and the knowledge and experiences we are living in faith, God is lunging to accomplish through us this task, trust him and say yes to his calling.
9) We need to lead with love, we need to lead like Christ, recognizing the other’s needs and serving to fulfill them.
SPECIAL LESSON FOR MEN!
When a child is the first one to start going to church 3% of the times the rest of the family follows.
When a mother is the first one to start going to church 17% of the times the rest of the family follows.
However, when the man is the first to start going to church 93.7% of the family follows.
Therefore, MEN, YOU AND ME HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY!
To know God as a father, our father and follow him, point to him and at him in everything so everyone else in your home know who you follow and go to mass regardless of your current spiritual condition and watch your family follow. The church is not an organization but an organism, it is the bride of Christ and our mother, it is a family, our family, it is alive, we are to share in his family.
Among many good books, I suggest read the book “Reasons to believe” by Dr. Scott Hahn.
Prepare for CORE.
Next subject : our role in marriage.
Saturday October17th, see you there.
Wadi & Jackie
Check here regularly for upcoming events and announcements.